Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit to race?:
- If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver of liability. We do recommend drivers be at least 10 and older.
Is there height and weight requirements to race?:
- Drivers must be a minimum of 51″ and taller to drive. The max. weight is 350 pounds and a 44″ max. waist size.
Do racers need a driver’s license?
- No, but again a parent must sign a waiver of liability if you’re under 18 years of age.
Can you send me the waiver form to fill out prior to coming?
- No, the waivers must be filled out in person with proper identification.
Do you have passenger karts?
- No, all of our karts are for a single driver.
What should driver’s wear?
- Must wear closed toed shoes. Loaner shoes are available and socks are $2 a pair. Race suits are provided, but are not mandatory.
Can I bring my own helmet?
- Yes! As long as it is full faced, with a visor or goggles and DOT approved. Our helmets are free to use, you just have to purchase a mandatory head sock (liner) for $2. Yours to keep!
Do I need to make reservations to race at Fast Lap?
- Reservations are only taken for groups of 6 or more that want to book one of the packages we offer. A deposit is required. For all other cases, just walk-in and race! Call ahead to check if we have any private event closures!
How many racers are allowed on the track at a time?
- To keep racing fun and competitive, the maximum number of drivers at any time is twelve.
Why is Fast Lap better than other indoor go-karting places?
- Simple, gas powered race karts! They give you the sight, sound and feel of real racing! The karts are much lighter than electric, lighter karts mean better handling. Our tracks are 20′ wide throughout most of the track for great passing or to move out of the way of a faster driver. We also pride ourselves in providing great customer service. Our staff and faculty are super friendly and helpful.
Is go-karting dangerous?
- Go-karting can be dangerous, but you can be assured that Fast Lap provides the finest safety equipment as well as a well-trained staff ensuring the best and safest race possible. You have to remember these karts are not on a rail like Disneyland, you must drive them to the best of your ability. Maintaining safety is top priority at Fast Lap.
I hear I can rent a GoPro camera?:
- All helmets are fitted with the GoPro camera track, simply rent the camera for $20, film your racing experience and you keep the 4GB SDHD card. Take it home and show it off to your friends and family!
What are your hours?:
- Las Vegas location-Monday-Saturday 10am to 11pm, Sunday 10am to 10pm
- Onatrio Location- Monday-Saturday 10am to 11pm, Sunday 10am to 10pm
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us!